owncloud access from wan and pfsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
is there any special port forwarding to access my ownlcoud jail from outside my lan??
anyone else run this setup? i have access locally to it via https on my lan

INCSlayer

Contributor
im not sure what you mean with special port forwarding but you do need to port forward whatever port your owncloud uses or it wont be available outside of your lan.
so if your owncloud jail is ip 192.168.1.10 and your using port 8433 you would need to port forward that on your router. There can be security issues with this though depending on how secure your owncloud setup is.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
i have installed it in its own jail. and installed to connect to it via ssl port 443
just seems even tho i forward port 443 to it i cant get into it. maybe ill post on pfsense forums as well

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
SSL ≠ Secure

danb35

Hall of Famer
Is it possible your ISP is blocking port 443? Many residential ISPs block 80, 443, and other common server ports to discourage their customers from running servers.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
its enabled from isp and in pfsense . (i checked it) odd i guess . i have open vpn installed and i can use vpn however i wanted to use the owncloud IOS app to sync with this and just havent quite figured it out yet as far as the easiest way to connect!

Valdhor

Explorer
Try it first using port 80 and see if it works.

What are you using as your web server? Basically OwnCloud is just a set of PHP files so you need to have a good web server setup. I use FAMP (FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL and PHP) as that is what I use at work and I know Apache backwards. I tried with Nginx but got confused.

I got mine setup with port 80 first then turned on SSL. once I could connect over SSL I turned off port 80 altogether.

Of course, once I got OwnCloud working I find out that the original developer and the company have parted ways and that he has created NextCloud. On to changing over to NextCloud o_O

Dwight Turner

Explorer
ok well i got it sorted.
mine is running on my freenas box.
remotely I can access it thru my open vpn obviously thru the local jail ip. From outside I had to configure the trusted domains in the config.php and add my domain to it.
I have a dynamic ddns updater setup in the pfsense router with no-ip.com. After I did this it was able to connect. sometimes a little over my head for a non "tech" guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.