Only one computer gets access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboone

Cadet
I have a bunch of computers, all are running Windows 10 Pro. I can log into my SMB share on at least 2 of them but I haven't checked the rest. My main computer is a different story. I can see the shares. When I put in the same username and password as I did on the others I get access denied. I can get into those shares if I use a guest account. It's on this one client, it's the only one with the issue and I'm trying not to reinstall. Changing Network security: LAN Manager authenticationlevel does nothing.

Nick2253

Wizard
Can you give us more details? The exact error message you are getting would help.

And some more details about your clients: Are all the computers on the same update version? Are the computers on a domain? Do you have a firewall/AV on the machines? If you try creating a new user profile on the non-working machine and attempt to access the shares using that new user profile, does that work? Did you do anything weird when you installed Windows (like minimal version, or aggressively disabling services)?

dannyboone

Cadet
All are Windows 10 Pro version 1709 OS Build 16299.248. No Domain. Windows Firewall on all of them. I'm using Bitdefender Free and Malwarebytes on all.

PhilipS

Contributor
Is it possible that your main computer has a user name that is the same as the user you are using on the SMB share? You may need to prefix the username NasName\username

Status
Not open for further replies.