On-Board network card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just configured my first freeNAS box today. I have installed an ASUS H87I-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard With UEFI BIOS motherboard. I installed freeNAS with no issues but when it finished installing it gave me an ip of 0.0.0.0. I manually configured the device to an open IP address on my network but have had no luck getting any network connectivity from the system. DHCP and Static both do not work. I get activity lights on the network card and switch during boot but while freeNAS is loaded it does not give me any lights except for the occasional red blink. I would install an additional PCI network card but there is no open PCI to do so. The networking card is a Intel I217 chipset. I also did try multiple network cables, one which I know for sure is working as I took it from another device and had it plugged into a known working port on my switch. Any help on this would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

I also wanted to add that I installed FreeNAS 9.3 on a SSD 32GB drive incase this information is needed in supporting this issue. Thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why are you surprised? Every goddamned source of information on this forum tells you not to use consumer stuff.

Unfortunately for you, there is no fix. Your board has the consumer version of the i217 PHY (i217LM, IIRC). That version is not supported under FreeBSD or FreeNAS and will most likely never be, because Intel charges more for the version of that GbE adapter that does support FreeBSD. That version (i217V, if I'm not mistaken) is used as the second GbE controller on cheaper Supermicro motherboards and is known to work.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The board in my Sig will support 1150 i3 and ecc.

Status
Not open for further replies.