SOLVED Odd DNS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Cadet
Hi,

I've recently updated to 9.2 and after a few teething problems with the Plugins I everything seemed to be working ok. Then today FreeNAS stopped responding so I had to reboot. Since then i'm having problems getting the plugins to be able to resolve DNS. It seems only 1 at a time can resolve.. I have changed every setting I can think of but when i change a setting that jail might start resolving and the other jails cannot. I'm pulling my hair out.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what might be causing this bizarre activity?

Plugins are SAB, SB, CP and Plex.

If you need more information please tell me what you need and i'll post it.

Thanks,

Cactus

Cactus

Cadet
Hi,
If I csh into a jail and ping say www.google.com it will only work from 1 jail, the other 3 will fail. I can only connect to the web front end of the working jail btw. If i make a change to a jails network settings (doesn't seem to matter what) then that jail will start working and the previously working jail will stop. All services are up, if I look in the resolve.conf the correct name servers are there.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Cactus

D

dlavigne

Several people have noted that working plugins suddenly don't after a reboot, so it's time to get a ticket in at bugs.freenas.org. Please post the issue number here after creating the bug.

You'll want to include as much info as possible to try to pinpoint the issue. Is anything applicable showing up in /var/log/messages of the FN system? Is the system using a static IP or DHCP? If DHCP, did the IP address change? How much RAM in this system? Any idea what caused the initial non-responsiveness that prompted the reboot?

Cactus

Cadet
Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the messages file, that has pointed me to the solution. It was complaining that bridge0 had a duplicate IP with the router... I removed the router address from the default gateway in the global config, rebooted and hey presto everything works. Why it chose that time to decide it didn't like having a gateway address in is beyond me as it had been fine up till then.

But hey ho, it's all working now.

Thanks diavigne

Status
Not open for further replies.