NZB's are they any good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi

In the last few months I have started using Sickbeard, Couchpotato and SABnzbd to download Movies,TV- Shows etc as mostly the HTPC community states these are better than Torrents. It wa svia these Sources I was led to use Freenas (thats the link).
However I've yet to recieve a download via a Nzb. With Torrent I have a graeater success rate.

Does anyone out there have similar experiences- Certailny Zullafeld soes as he wrote his Tutorial for Torents only.

AleQQ

Dabbler
I used to use NZBs. They download stupid fast as compared to torrents. Because of the way they are distributed they download at your max download speed, not at the max upload speed of the seeders. That's the good part. The bad part is there is legal precedent for governments subpoenaing the records of the indexers. I used to NZB movies. I stopped when the owner of the main indexer i used got sewed out of everything he owned.

My suggestion: if you NZB movies (or torrent them for that matter) and you live in the US or one of it's allies, Don't screw with the MPAA. They can and will go after the little guy for everything he/she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.