Notifications won't go away

Destari

Cadet
I have seen this brought up before, but nobody seems to have ever received an answer.
I have multiple notifications in TrueNAS Scale 23.10.1 that will not go away.

1708819523589.png

Dismissing them does nothing, you can see they are more than a year old now. They also carry over when exporting/importing my configuration file so a reinstall that occurred in late 2023 didn't even solve the issue... That VMWare integration entry doesn't exist anymore, it was deleted, and there is no longer an ESXi server at those addresses.

I have found this issue historically has existed on multiple versions of TrueNAS Scale, Core and even FreeNAS for other types of notifications:

Is there a way to clear this manually? The fact that it carries over through a reinstall is by far the most frustrating thing.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Davvo

MVP
Suggesting the obvious: did you clear the browser's cache?
Suggesting the less obvious: did you clear the motherboard's event log?
Posting to follow.

Destari

Cadet
Yes and Yes.
This has been an issue for roughly 2 years and I've basically just put up with it.
I'm running on a supermicro platform and have both cleared the IPMI logs and completely reflashed for MB firmware updates multiple times since this started.
In December I also moved from a single boot device to a new mirrored pair, and at that point did a clean ISO re-install, re-imported my configuration/pools, and the alerts were still there.