Not receiving nightly email alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Kloos

Dabbler
Hello All,

Very new to FreeNAS, but liking it so far...!

After updating recently, I am no longer receiving email alerts.
I received them before the update.
Test emails come through but no evening update emails.

Any suggestions how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey Bryan! Thanks so much for your question and welcome to the community! I'm glad you're enjoying your time so far with FreeNAS. It's really important that we get all of your system information as well as any error information you are experiencing so we can make sure we can help you the best we can. If you haven't already I'd encourage you to have a look at our FAQ / Rules section that helps outline how you can structure your post to receive the best help and support from the community. I'll include the link below.

Thanks again for posting on our forums and if you need anything feel free to send me a private message.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/forum-rules.22553/#post-134570

Bryan Kloos

Dabbler
Sorry for the rookie move...

System Configuration:

FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201606270534 (dd17351)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Gigabyte ga-z87n WIFI
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM
3 WD Red 3TB NAS Desktop Hard Disk Drive - Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD30EFRX

I built the machine to play around and familiarize myself with freenas, and to serve up music and photos on the various PCs in my house.

I have no error messages, and everything has worked well until I installed an update on 07/15/16, which was alerted to me.
After running the update, the system no longer sends out daily email messages regarding system status/health.

Of interest, I did need to create a new boot environment to run the update, and it seems I have 3 boots in the system. All created on the day I updated the system.

I hope this information help and I apologize for my lack of knowledge and expertise... I'm new to this.

Many Thanks,

Bryan

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Wait a minute, what kind of nightly emails did you get? Generally, you only get regular emails on the following occasions (unless you set them up yourself with your own scripts):
  • Scrub starting
  • Weekly security update containing trivialities
With some less-than-regular stuff:
  • Drive wonkiness
  • Daily security update after a reboot
  • Replication failures
  • Dubious networking also causes nuisance messages in the security log

Last edited:

Bryan Kloos

Dabbler
I'm not running any scripts...

I was getting daily emails but maybe this was due to a new setup?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm not running any scripts...

I was getting daily emails but maybe this was due to a new setup?
See above for "less-than-regular stuff". Daily emails are not the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.