Nightly email not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

framewrangler

Dabbler
After a recent reboot I am no longer getting my beloved nightly emails from my FreeNAS instance. Prior to this reboot I was getting emails that were "broken", the content of which is posted below. I know I should begin my troubleshooting by finding the script or process that fires these emails and testing it manually, but I don't know where to begin in that regard. I have no cron jobs configured in my GUI and don't really know how to proceed. Any guidance would be appreciated. A list of observations and outputs below:

• The nightly emails were running but with broken output
  • Other email related functions (smart temperature alerts, smtp tests) are successful sending to root
  • After a reboot the nighty emails stopped completely

Daily run output
Code:
Checking status of 3ware RAID controllers:
Alarms (most recent first):
/usr/local/etc/periodic/daily/407.status-3ware-raid: cannot create /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today: No such file or directory
mv: rename /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today to /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.yesterday: No such file or directory
/usr/local/etc/periodic/daily/407.status-3ware-raid: cannot create /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today: No such file or directory
diff: /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.yesterday: No such file or directory
diff: /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today: No such file or directory

-- End of daily output --

Security run output
Code:
cp: /var/log/mount.today: No such file or directory
diff: /var/log/mount.today: No such file or directory
cp: /var/log/pf.today: No such file or directory
diff: /var/log/pf.today: No such file or directory
cp: /var/log/dmesg.today: No such file or directory
diff: /var/log/dmesg.today: No such file or directory

-- End of security output --

Yatti420

Wizard
Did you upgrade freenas? What version are you running?

framewrangler

Dabbler
This is a fresh install on new hardware.

Code:
Build    FreeNAS-9.2.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (0da7233)
Platform    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2643 v2 @ 3.50GHz
Memory    131017MB
System Time    Wed Mar 19 10:29:40 CDT 2014
Uptime    10:29AM up 1 day, 23:37, 1 user 

framewrangler

Dabbler
It's been recommended that I upgrade to 9.2.1.2. I will try that later today and report back with my findings. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Richard Henry

Dabbler
Did anything ever come of this? I have a fresh install/setup as well running 9.2.1.3 and am getting the same exact e-mails every day about the 3-Ware Raid and No such file or directory.

framewrangler

Dabbler
No. My upgrade didn't fix anything other than getting the security emails to run again. Do you know what script runs in order to provide the nighyl run email? I'd love to see if it can be run manually and observe the results.

trey22

Dabbler
After an upgrade to 9.2.1.3, I get sporadic security emails (as well as scrubs not running anymore). My server is running 24/7, but in a week, I'll get maybe 2 or 3 emails. When I do receive an email, it's different every time and they usually relates to features I'm not using in FreeNAS or a pool that doesn't exist.

Like the OP, I really don't know how to troubleshoot an issue like this, but willing to provide as much info as possible.

colint

Cadet
I've also installed 9.2.1.3 on a new machine and get this error. I've already set a System dataset pool.
Any ideas ?

pechkin000

Explorer
I just got two identical email as OP after upgrading to 9.2.1.8 but only on one of my two servers. The only difference I can think of is the one that produced this error i mounted the system via "mount -uw /" then replaced the logo in the UI ( I do this so I know which server I am logged into) then mounted read only via "mount -ur /" I believe that's what I always did and never had any issues. Can someone help? Would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.