NAS flawless for a year... then no longer accessible by Windows. Need help retrieving a ton of data

Joe_N9OK

Cadet
I am not a networking guru or a FreeNas guru. Over the last 15 or so years I've used prior versions of FreeNAS, Windows Home Server, and maybe another one to create a NAS, which is used for backups, photos, videos, music, etc.

Several weeks ago I started receiving emails that my FreeNAS device was almost full. I delayed dealing with this due to being busy. Now I get this message:
"Checking status of 3ware RAID controllers:
Alarms (most recent first):
mv: rename /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today to /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.yesterday: No space left on device"

Now, my network share has disappeared. I can ping the server, so I know it's there, I just can no longer mount the drive.

I have tons of data on this server that I want to move to another network device I have.

Any suggestions how to access my data would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thank you.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
mv: rename /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today to /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.yesterday: No space left on device"
That would seem to indicate your boot device is full.

If you can get a config backup from the GUI, you may be able to simply rebuild FreeNAS and restore the config to get back in business.

If that's a non-option, you may need to build fresh and re-import the pools, perhaps if your system dataset is on one of the pools you can find a config backup there and restore it.

Joe_N9OK

Cadet
Thank you for your response. The boot drive is not full, one of the 2 data pools are.

One of the pools is named JDK_NAS, it's a 5.24TB pool which contains all my data. The Pools dashboard reports 0B available.
The other pool, named Bulk_2TB, is empty, as I've never figured out how to access it from my Windows network. The Pools dashboard reports 1.75TB available on this one.

The 5.24TB pool (the full one) is comprised of 3x 3TB drives structured in such a way that the resultant pool is 5.24TB.
The 2TB pool (the emply one) is comprised of 2x 2TB drives structured to form a 2TB pool.

Could I simply purchase another 3TB drive and add it to the 5.24TB pool, increasing its size? Is this likely to work?
Or, could some of the data on the full pool be temporarily moved to the empty pool?

Thanks again for any assistance! I'm sweating here, really hoping I can access my data.

sretalla