SOLVED Not Able to Config FreeNAS 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhumm2

Explorer
Okay. I have installed and I can boot to the text menu. I have a LAN cable from one of the two LAN ports to my switch. I have the IPMI port attached to the same switch. The switch is connected to my UVerse modem/router.

I set up a static IP for the IPMI port and I can log into IPMI without any issues.

I cannot log into the FreeNAS GUI. On the text menu, I setup the network interface for em0, but when I point my browser to that IP address, it just searches and times out.

Also, when entering the netmask, was is the /24 at the end?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Did the console menu show an IP address before you manually configured the interface? Did you try connecting to the web GUI at that address first?

mhumm2

Explorer
Yes, I did. Actually, I haven't changed the IP address, but it doesn't seem to work. Okay. Rebooting is necessary! I'm in. Thank you. So if I'm using 192.168.1.101 to access the FreeNAS admin gui, where would I point my browser to access the shares?

gpsguy

See section 10 (Sharing) of the documentation to see what type of shares are supported. CIFS is quite common, though it supports others too. If you need FTP support, that's covered in section 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.