No updates available in the "Train" drop-down menu

Fernando Zoota

Dabbler
I have 2 freenas servers, both running 9.10 (2def9c8). I was able to successfully update one of the servers to 11.2. However, on the second server I discovered under the Update section, there's no updates available in the "Train" drop-down menu. I'm using Window's Explore to access the GUI which seems to be the best option because the Update section is completely blank when using Chrome, Edge or Firefox. I attempted to roll back to an earlier version in the start-up menu, but wasn't exactly sure how to make that happen.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have a Plex plugin that's going to stop working unless I upgrade.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 181

Apollo

Wizard
You need to do your homework and search for posts related to Freenas 9.10 update.
There are many posts and you need to sort them out.

Fernando Zoota

Dabbler
Thanks Apollo - I spent about 2 days looking through the forums. nothing i found addresses my specific issue. If you know a post that specifically addresses an empty pull down menu I would appreciate it.

Apollo

Wizard
Thanks Apollo - I spent about 2 days looking through the forums. nothing i found addresses my specific issue. If you know a post that specifically addresses an empty pull down menu I would appreciate it.
I can't really do anything as I don't have Freenas 9.10.
With Freenas website being revamped as IxSystems, it is possible the link to the webside hasn't been updated.
I also think there have been issues in the past when the repository may have been corrupted causing the update to search in the wrong place.

Most users, I would think, went with the manual install process, and I think you can update once booting with a installation boot disk.
Just try downloading the ISO for the various versions of Freenas and apply each update sequentially. Note of caution about saving the config file every time.

Just to be on the safe side, I would try to save the current USB key using imaging software, in the event the key gets corrupted or damaged.
You could recover the image to a new USB key and see if you can boot and access your system as if nothing happened. Then you can proceed with the update process.