UPS: no driver options in drop-down menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
I am running my machine from a GeekSquad UPS. Except for the occasional NOCOMM or COMMBAD message, everything has operated OK for a year or two -- until now:

During the night a UPS within earshot of our bedroom started beeping, and we found that we had no power. I didn't go and shut down the FreeNAS machine, expecting that the UPS would take care of it; it did as far as I can tell.

But when I restarted the machine this morning I kept getting UPS error messages that did not go away when I switched the UPS cable to a different USB port (which has sometimes solved previous problems). I tried stopping and restarting the UPS service, but after a considerable delay it goes back to the "OFF" state.

When I look at the UPS service options, the driver box shows only "--------" and I can see no other choices in the drop-down menu.

I've tried shutting everything down (disconnect UPS from power and turn off UPS so that it is no longer supplying power to the NAS), but still no drivers show in the drop-down menu.

What is happening here?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I remember this problem. It was back in an update in March or something.

Your build-list in your sig shows that you're on 201503200528. Is that still accurate? If so, I bet that's your problem.

Barring that, I would do a full power cycle of the appliance.

Z300M

Guru
I remember this problem. It was back in an update in March or something.

Your build-list in your sig shows that you're on 201503200528. Is that still accurate? If so, I bet that's your problem.

Barring that, I would do a full power cycle of the appliance.
Thanks. Yes, updating seems to have fixed the problem.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Status
Not open for further replies.