"No Configured Interfaces Were Found" message displayed, help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveneddy

Cadet
Okay, I've been having problems with getting the web user interface URL becuase I get the message "no configured interfaces were found" and I just can't seem to get past it. I've been through several similar threads, and tryed a few of their ideas, none have worked. I even tryed to update to the new beta version with still the same message "No Configured Interfaces Were Found". I don't believe it to be a hardware issue as I have all high end hardware for the computer I had built not to long ago. I will appreciate any help with this situation. Thank you.

JaimieV

Guru
Have you tried checking that your network interface card is supported? Sounds like it's not - "No configured interfaces" means networks. High end modern kit with builtin chipset-mediated ethernet is more likely to be unsupported, due to the drivers not coming into FreeBSD yet. Go with a PCIe Intel card if in doubt.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
And preferably not their most bleeding edge absolutely latest released just last month card, if such a thing exists. All the older Intel cards are pretty awesome and run efficiently with high stability and great driver support. Server grade cards are a bit better but a desktop PC card is not a showstopper.

steveneddy

Cadet
Thank you for your help, I just tried it with an Ethernet cable and now I finally have and

Status
Not open for further replies.