Please Help, 9.2.1.8 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pm9r33n

Trying to load an older version of FreeNAS on a Windows Vista box (32 bit). No matter what I try it says no configured interfaces were found. When I trying doing it manually it craps out.

I'm a noob and do not know how to check hardware from shell (option 9).

Appreciate any help

gpsguy

Please provide detailed hardware information, per the forum rules.

Sent from my phone

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
This sounds like completely inappropriate hardware. Have you read the hardware stickies? Or the manual?

P

pm9r33n

wow you guys are really helpful and clearly don't have the ability to read.
No need to bother with the assholes on this site

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
wow you guys are really helpful and clearly don't have the ability to read.
No need to bother with the assholes on this site
We don't have the ability to read?

WHAT?

Your hardware is not capable of handling FreeNAS, it is that simple. We can read, but it appears you do not possess the capability to read the information that we already have out there. If you want to call us names, then you can see yourself out, we don't need someone like you here.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Maybe the "you don't know how to read" is a reference to this remark in the OP: "I'm a noob and do not know how to check hardware from shell "

@OP, you don't check the hardware from the shell. You check it by looking at the hardware, perhaps checking the BIOS, possibly googling the model number if it's a pre-built computer. We're looking for the motherboard, the CPU, the network interface, the amount and type of RAM, etc. You could get some of that information from the shell, but it's mostly a matter of physically looking at the hardware.

Or, if you're just butt-hurt that you're being asked to provide information to help us help you, I guess that's on you.

gpsguy

Perhaps I should have just told you to buy an Intel Pro/1000 CT for about $30 USD (end of sentence).

While that should "fix" the current issue, you'll probably be back in a day with more problems. If we know what hardware you have, per the forum rules and danb35's message, we can give you a better answer, so you don't waste money, only to find out your hardware is woefully inadequate.

Given that you're running 32 bit Vista, you probably don't have at least 8GB RAM (minimum requirement for FreeNAS), But, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, by politely asking for your hardware information.

Status
Not open for further replies.