No available plugins on fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostjan

Contributor
After fresh install under Plugins tab says ‘No entry has been found’. I don’t have any plugin available to install.

I can get email from FreeNAS. I can ping 8.8.8.8, but I cannot ping google.com or www.google.com from FreeNAS. I can ping google.com from my computer.

What do I need to setup?

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
DNS

Bostjan

Contributor
I've entered IP address of DNS servers.
Still getting ‘No entry has been found’

Haysden Smart

Dabbler
Default gateway in network configuration and jails configuration.

Your Nas needs to know how to access the outside world before it can send a DNS query.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Default gateway in network configuration and jails configuration.

Your Nas needs to know how to access the outside world before it can send a DNS query.
I don't think this is as the issue since he said he could ping 8.8.8.8

Haysden Smart

Dabbler
Sorry, I had a quick look over and thought it said he couldn't ping Google. I was in a rush at the airport. Will read more next time.

However, in saying that, if he is using the GUI shell to ping Google, then the default gateway could still be missing from the jail configuration.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry, I had a quick look over and thought it said he couldn't ping Google. I was in a rush at the airport. Will read more next time.

However, in saying that, if he is using the GUI shell to ping Google, then the default gateway could still be missing from the jail configuration.
no prob. yeah agreed that'd be something to check, but getting DNS working on the host is for sure a needed step.

Status
Not open for further replies.