Cannot download plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiP

Dabbler
Hello,

I am not able to install plugins from plugins page - the following is reported:

Jan 12 16:26:22 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to download http://freenas.org/downloads/plugins//9/x64/minidlna-1.1.0_1-amd64.pbi

(same reported for transmission)

I have opened a shell and can successfully ping an internet address from it (google.com).

Have worked around by downloading in browser and using the upload feature, but would like to be able to install natively as intended.

Any ideas?

Regards

JC

cyberjock

Inactive Account
System specs?

FreeNAS version?

ZFS setup?

PiP

Dabbler
System specs - AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processo, box sits behind my router (billion 7404)
Version - FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (ab098f4)
ZFS setup - two 2TB disks mirrored, this is a temporary arrangement until I get hardware to support raid2z.

Regards

JC

cyberjock

Inactive Account
RAM? Motherboard? NIC? Need more info bro....

PiP

Dabbler
Sorry for the piecemeal info:
RAM is 2x4GB kingston ddr3.
Motherboard is gigabyte ga-ma78lmt-s2, http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3583#sp.
Using onboard NIC, web reports as Realtek 8111D/E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) but I didn't check this on the actual motherboard.

I haven't had any real hardware issues with the exception of finding out too late that WD green HDDs need a firmware fix to work for extended periods in a NAS configuration. My efforts to reinstall transmission was on the back of installing new drives to fix this issue (now using WD red).

As a separate issue I'm having issues with dynamic dns also, but I don't think the two items are related (sometimes it does seem to 'work') whereas the plugin download is 100% fail.

No urgency.

Regards

JC

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Realtek's have cause people problems because they work, then stop working, then start working for no reason. They also perform poorly. This is why we recommend Intel only around here. You might want to try an Intel NIC before going further since they are dirt cheap.

PiP

Dabbler
Thanks for the suggestion - I guess for the inconvenience of having to install pbis manually I'll live with it for the time being - will give some thought to an intel nic on future builds. I do note performance otherwise seems pretty flawless - if-it's-not-broke-don't-fix-it - has a lot of appeal.

Again thanks for your input - appreciate the time and effort involved.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.