Nightlies: GUI upgrades not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrent

Dabbler
Is anyone else having trouble getting GUI upgrades of nightlies to work? I give it the new txz file, the sha256, and it goes through the motions of applying and rebooting like everything is A-OK, but when it comes back up, the build displayed on System Information is the same as before.

It's not immediately obvious that it hasn't upgraded unless you compare the build. I didn't even notice upgrades weren't working until bugs that were supposed to have been fixed the the newer build weren't fixed and I compared the build numbers...

Anyway, if I upgrade via a burned ISO, it upgrades as expected.

Currently I'm on FreeNAS-9.2.0-ALPHA-4df8842-x64, but it's been happening this way for a few weeks.

I wanted to post here before filing a bug report in case it's just something strange with my install that's causing this. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Many people have seen that behavior. Mostly because your browser caches the page, so it displays the old version. But if you clear the cache and cookies it'll magically update to the correct version.

mstrent

Dabbler
Nope; this is definitely actually not upgrading. I've compared the 'uname -a' build dates and it's obvious features/changes that have been implemented in Git aren't there because I'm still on the old version. After burning the ISO and upgrading that way, the build number, 'uname -a' date, and current Git changes are present as expected.

GUI upgrades worked fine until a few weeks ago. Anybody else seeing issues with GUI upgrades on nightlies?

D

dlavigne

If you don't get an answer (or perhaps even if you do), create a bug report and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.