Nextcloud save Data to SMB Windows Share

falsetrue

Cadet
Hello and a happy new year, :)

I have TrueNAS installed and want to install the Nextcloud addon. But I want that Nextcloud saves its data via a SMB share in a Windows folder.

Is this possible? I found an solution the other way (insert the Nextcloud drive to a Windows share) but I don't want to store the Data on the Nextcloud storage but on the windows storage. (This is the opposite way I want to have it: https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/external-storage-in-nextcloud-under-truenas-core.240/ )

I want to use TrueNAS as Nextcloud storage manager, because I'm not good in bash and have problems with expanding storage in a Ubuntu VM..

Specs:
ESXi Host
-> TrueNAS VM ->3CPU, 20GB RAM, 16GB TrueNAS Installation Storage, 250GB second storage (thought I use the second storage for Nextcloud Data but when it is possible to store it on a Windows Folder, I would delete the storage)

I had the problem that the storages had no serial number, with disk.EnableUUID=“TRUE“ added in the .vmx file of the server the storages got an serial number.

Thanks in advance for the help!

falsetrue

Cadet
It is the Core version. I saw the app but i thought it is the other way, so that the nextcloud storage is then shown under windows

victort

Guru
It is the Core version. I saw the app but i thought it is the other way, so that the nextcloud storage is then shown under windows
You should not use the plug-in version. Plugins are broken. Instead, look at my signature for a list of scripts to easily install different services. Nextcloud is included.

The SMB share is mounted in the Nextcloud GUI. Once installed, head to “Apps” and search for “External Storage Support” Once enabled you can mount an SMB share from the admin settings in Nextcloud.