New to the forum from North Texas USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Hello everyone! Just registered today and I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs
of FreeNAS. I've started myself a crash course by throwing some older hardware in an even
older case and managing to at least get to the point where I'm able to see my volume and get
some of my home network access to some mp3 music files. Currently my box resides under
my desk until we find it a more permanent home, I just love the fact that it requires no mouse,
keyboard or monitor... (I still have a bit of room for my feet):D
Thanks in advance for your efforts regarding my future Noob questions. I will now lurk around
until I've exhausted my eyes with the search features found here. Would someone post a link
to a list of NAS type terminology, I've always found when traveling to a new place, learning
the language makes things easier ;)
Regards, Dave

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Welcome. It's too bad you're from Texas, because everyone here in Oklahoma knows how bad Texas sucks :p

Not really sure what NAS terminology would be. A NAS is simply a file server on your network. Any terminology applying to storage, servers, networking, hardware, etc, could apply. I don't know that the NAS world has its own terminology, because to us its just another server in our arsenal. ;)

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Thanks for your welcome... I think?
No terminology, that's great! Less studyin' for a dumb Texan ;)
Quick question, can I delete a mount and start a new volume in FreeNas?

Status
Not open for further replies.