Kaixo from the basque country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JokinAU

Cadet
I am quite new to FreeNAS, but already a fan! I've previously managed to know several Linux (and derivative) systems, so I hope I'll able to get my server up and running!
I've learnt my first (important) two lessons: FreeNAS sits on top of FreeBSD, and the latter one is not Linux!

My home setup is a brand new HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 with 4 repurposed drives (two raid 1 volumes), so I have some very usefull 2,5 TB, booting FreeNAS from a SD card.

So far, as I am struggling learning about FreeNAS' basic behavior (first touch!), I've managed to fix some issues:
  • I could not erase/format two disks previously part of a RAID
  • I can't create users/groups through the GUI and have to use the shell (I would love to fix this one)...
I could quite easily create volumes and some SMB shares, including the one for the media to my Raspberry Pi ecosystem (RPi 1, 3 and Zero W!), running all Kodi on OSMC. I still want to port it to NFS, I haven't been successful on that...
But now I'm focused on learning about Docker, I would love to add "let's encrypt", "Unifi controller" and some other.

Much to learn from a VMware ESXi average admin!

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
I am quite new to FreeNAS, but already a fan! I've previously managed to know several Linux (and derivative) systems, so I hope I'll able to get my server up and running!
I've learnt my first (important) two lessons: FreeNAS sits on top of FreeBSD, and the latter one is not Linux!

My home setup is a brand new HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 with 4 repurposed drives (two raid 1 volumes), so I have some very usefull 2,5 TB, booting FreeNAS from a SD card.

So far, as I am struggling learning about FreeNAS' basic behavior (first touch!), I've managed to fix some issues:
  • I could not erase/format two disks previously part of a RAID
  • I can't create users/groups through the GUI and have to use the shell (I would love to fix this one)...
I could quite easily create volumes and some SMB shares, including the one for the media to my Raspberry Pi ecosystem (RPi 1, 3 and Zero W!), running all Kodi on OSMC. I still want to port it to NFS, I haven't been successful on that...
But now I'm focused on learning about Docker, I would love to add "let's encrypt", "Unifi controller" and some other.

Much to learn from a VMware ESXi average admin!
Welcome to the forum!

Eric-Fr

Cadet
Bienvenue \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.