New iX FreeNAS Mini hangs when GUI accessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynn

Cadet
I just got a new iX FreeNAS Mini. I upgraded to 32 GB mem and had followed the install wizard. Everything was working fine. Made some network changes to establish a static address. Lost power during changes. Upon boot, the console displays fine and options there work until I access the GUI. The first top part of the page displays and then hangs. The hang is complete and nothing works except the IPMI interface. Restarted the machine from the IPMI remote power management. From the console, took option 8 to reset to factory defaults. After reset - same conditions. Console works until a browser starts the GUI, then everything hangs. Any clues as to what the problem is or how to reset the machine completely?

Last edited by a moderator:

Redcoat

MVP
Welcome!

Take a look here.

This is reported fixed in the upcoming stable release 11.1. For now, try another browser. From what I recall it was/is most prevalent with Chrome. I use Firefox and never saw it.

Yep, happens to me in chrome every now and then. Hit F5 a couple times and force refresh and it moves past it.

lynn

Cadet
Thanks, It was Firefox that was hanging. Used Chrome and it works now.

Redcoat

MVP
and it works now.
Glad you're through it. You'll find that the Search box up in the top right corner can be a great frustration-reducer. There's masses of good information and experience packed into the responses to threads here.
Good luck with your new box!

Status
Not open for further replies.