New FreeNASian

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhymeThyme

Cadet
Hello FreeNAS world! 9-5 I work as a software developer and am very comfortable around all sorts of operating systems. My particular "specialty" if you will is Embedded Systems and Vulnerability research. At work we have a few enterprise grade QNAPS and I have always wanted a central place to store my media and backups but with out the price tag. So I heard about FreeNAS and here I am. I have had a little trouble getting my first install underway but I am hopeful I will be at full speed soon.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hello FreeNAS world! 9-5 I work as a software developer and am very comfortable around all sorts of operating systems. My particular "specialty" if you will is Embedded Systems and Vulnerability research. At work we have a few enterprise grade QNAPS and I have always wanted a central place to store my media and backups but with out the price tag. So I heard about FreeNAS and here I am. I have had a little trouble getting my first install underway but I am hopeful I will be at full speed soon.

Be especially careful about your preconceived notions and please read the stickies. The worst catastrophes are the people who come to ZFS thinking that it is just another file system (it is/isn't). The price tag for FreeNAS isn't as cheap as some other open-source systems but you get an enterprise-grade NAS device if you do it right. We're big on doing it right and if you follow along, we'll do our best to steer you right.

Status
Not open for further replies.