New FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416) install and Nightly config file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdragon75

Wizard
I have been running an old nightly build for some time. I decided to get back to the STABLE builds and as a "downgrade" is not supported I pulled a config backup and built a new system. On the new 11.0U3 system I restored the backed up config and rebooted. The system came back online with the correct IP and other settings seemed to have taken effect. My storage is however no longer working. I get the following error on the storage view: Unable to load /api/v1.0/plugins/available/?parent=null status:500.

I logged in to the host via SSH and saw the disks and parts in /dev/ad* so I looked to see if they were imported by zfs via zpool list. Nope.
Tried zpool import -f data. Ok, now it shows up in my zpool list.
go back to the web UI and...

An error occurred.
Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

A reboot brings back the UI and zfs is automatically importing my zpool but the storage screen still show the same error.
What am I missing!?

Last edited:

kdragon75

Wizard
Update:
Looking at System -> System Dataset I get:

Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.1.5/admin/system/systemdataset/edit/1/?inline=true&dojo.preventCache=1504815065812
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)
Exception Type: OperationalError
Exception Value:
no such column: storage_volume.vol_fstype
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py in locked_retry, line 434
Server time: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 14:11:06 -0600
Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.1.5/admin/system/systemdataset/edit/1/?inline=true&dojo.preventCache=1504815065812

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py" in execute
  64.				 return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in execute
  457.		 execute = self.locked_retry(Database.Cursor.execute, query, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in locked_retry
  434.				 rv = method(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  39.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162.		 return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  208.				 return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  149.					 response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  57.		 response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  142.			 return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in edit
  606.			 mf = mf(instance=instance)
File "./freenasUI/system/forms.py" in __init__
  1692.		 for v in Volume.objects.filter(vol_fstype='ZFS'):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __iter__
  256.		 self._fetch_all()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in _fetch_all
  1087.			 self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __iter__
  54.		 results = compiler.execute_sql()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py" in execute_sql
  835.			 cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py" in execute
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/utils.py" in __exit__
  94.				 six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/six.py" in reraise
  685.			 raise value.with_traceback(tb)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in execute
  457.		 execute = self.locked_retry(Database.Cursor.execute, query, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in locked_retry
  434.				 rv = method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Exception Type: OperationalError at /admin/system/systemdataset/edit/1/
Exception Value: no such column: storage_volume.vol_fstype

D

dlavigne

Are you sure the restored config was last created/updated from a STABLE train, that is not from a nightly? Missing column errors are usually due to restoring a config from a newer version to an older one (where nightly is considered to be newer than stable).

kdragon75

Wizard
The backup is indeed from Nightlies. If there is any chance of backup incompatibility, should there not be some version/sanity checking?

I know the nightly build was older than 11.0U3.

D

dlavigne

It would be worthwhile to create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org asking that a pop-up error prevents a user from uploading a newer config. If you create one, post the issue number here.

For your specific issue, do you have a saved config from a stable train? If not, you will need to recreate your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.