Can't upload config file to restore after new installation

Hello,

I have a strange issue. I did a clean installation of FreeNAS (FreeNAS-11.2-BETA1) and once I wanted to upload config file from my old FreeNAS I have selected the file and clicked Submit button, but nothing has happened.
I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox; tried rebooting the system multiple times; resetting the configuration; connecting and disconnecting drives; renaming the configuration tar from .tar to tar.db; extracting the configuration file and uploading the .db; accessing GUI added network card; googling and googling more, but nothing worked for me.
To me it seems, that clicking the button just does nothing, but nobody seems to have this problem.

My system is:
MB: Asus P8P67-M PRO
CPU: i5-2400
RAM: 4x4GB of Kingston HyperX

If you have any suggestions, please let me know! :)
Thank you!

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Do you still have access to the old UI ? Try there under /legacy/

OctaneZ

Dabbler
My USB went dead on 11.2-BETA2, burned BETA3 to CDRW, wrote to a new 120GB SSD/USB drive as opposed to the Sandisk 8GB' Drives I had been using.

Could not restore/upload config in new UI, left it spinning blue circle for 30 minutes.

Saw this thread... https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...file-to-restore-after-new-installation.68505/

Logged out, logged into `Legacy` and the .tar was immediately read and the machine rebooted.

Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Synced:
>django

Migrated:
- FreenasUI

Two rebbots and 15 minutea later and the machine just came up with all correct Volumes, users, jails!

This is in a HP N36L Microserver: AthlonII Neo 1.3Ghz Dual Core with 4 2TB disks in RAIDZ1

Issue created: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/46766

yottabit

Contributor
I know the bug is fixed, but I just ran into this same issue with 11.2-U6. I had to use Firefox to get the dialog to appear, and even then it took longer than I would be accustomed to: around 1 minute. I had given up, and started searching the forums, when it finally appeared. Maybe it would've done the same with Chrome but I had abandoned that tab when I switched to Firefox. This was on Debian using KDE Plasma, if it matters.