New 11.2 FreeNAS build and network connection

Dano

Cadet
Have a new build with a supermicro X9SCM-F MB and have installed 11.2 onto a usb sticks and have everything booting correctly with a pool created, 2 red WD drives mirrored. There is some network setting that I must have wrong because I can't see the available plugins within 11.2 to proceed with the Plex install into the jail. I also can't get the 11.2 system to pass an email through to me (was trying to set that up with gmail). I have a static ip address for the 11.2 GUI that works fine and I can use the ipmi web interface to see the MB settings.
In the Console setup settings I have run through the Configure Network Interfaces multiple times and setup the ip address (think I have it right) ip as 192.168.1.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0 so I am guessing something is up with the NIC on the supermicro board but I am not so familiar with these networking issues. I have to assign things via the BIOS? The IPMI interface told me the NIC was shared, which I thought was enough.

Don't know if I have provided enough info here or not, but any help is appreciated.

dan

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, post the output of the following commands within code tags:

ifconfig
netstat -rn
more /etc/resolv.conf

nikalai2

Dabbler
Hi!

I had a similar issue recently. On initial setup i used DHCP for my primary network card configuration. After that i disabled DHCP and i assigned a static IP adress. I couldn't check for updates or install plugins. I tried to ping www.gogle.com and i got "no route to host" DNS servers was well configured.
Solution: run from the shel; this command:
Code:
route add default my router ip