Network issues in jails: ARP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm having weird issues. Sometimes my freenas jails have troubles with network connections until i clear the arp tables, using the command "arp -da". I can ssh into freenas and the jails (obviously), but sometimes my jails lose some network connectivity.
One example is my plex clients not being able to connect to the plex plugin anymore and also other jails network connections don't function correctly anymore.

I was never able to put my finger on it, but today i had the same problem after a power outage, so i thought that might give somebody here a hint to what might be happening here. My FreeNAS box is on an UPS, so that didn't go down, but the other network components did.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I know on my home setup I had to force static arp entries on my pfsense box for the Plex jail for the Plex jail to work unconditionally. Otherwise I had random problems. No clue about your situation, but it sounds similar to mine, so I figured I'd mention this.

Thanks, sounds similar indeed. But i also have the same problem in other jails. I have a manually created jail, and also a virtualbox jail (which gave me nothing but trouble anyway, so that one is already bye bye) and both of them have the same issue. I can't imagine setting all arp entries manually is the way it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.