FreeNAS kernel arp attempts to modify permanent entry for

Status
Not open for further replies.

croraff

Cadet
I have set up my FreeNAS

I am running FreeNAS 9.10.3-U3
I have set up the Volume, Dataset, Jails also the Windows(SMB)
I can connect to the FreeNAS network from my PC and MAC.
We I start Install plugins (PLEX) the installation get to Creating Jails at 67%.

I get an error:
freenas kernel: arp: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX attempts to modify permanent entry for 192.168.0.2 on bge0
freenas kernel: arp: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX attempts to modify permanent entry for 192.168.0.2 on bge0

keeps running
Please help

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
This looks like a case where you have a static IP set on both FreeNAS and your Router and possibly one has a different MAC than the other reservation. I would start there. If you have access to the WebGUI this should be a simple fix in the interfaces section of the network tab. Just make sure you have access to the physical box console before changing NIC settings as the WebGUI could become unreachable.

Thewiruz

Dabbler
*Edit* After a while i thought maybe i could use another device to logon with as it has another IP number. That worked! I gave the transmission jail another IP and now im back!

I have the same problem. I cant access my NAS ether via Webgui or any other way :(
Shitty shit! I was following a guide and obviously that one sucked!

What can i do to solve this without any access to the webgui ? Was installing Transmission when the server freezed and now its out of access!
I can see 2 machines with the same IP and username but different Mac adress in my router

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.