Need help after updating to 9.3 from 9.2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Tank

Cadet
Hi! Guys I need some help urgently.

I am using a HP mirco server and had a Freenas 9.2 on using with Mac os for data sharing and Plex server.
Everything works fine until one day I changed my wifi router.

1. Plex has problem. I can only open the homepage and then I lost connection.(I did find out this is a problem with IP address issue. I managed to fix this from Shell it worked.)

2. after rebooting I found I am locked out of GUI and plex. (I found out that this is a due to IP address wrong that GUI service did't start up correctly)

3. I re configured the connection and I gained access into WebGUI but same issue with plex server access from 1

4. Luckily 9.3 is released. I tried to upgrade from GUI but failed.(maybe I did not wait long enough)

5. made a USB installation disk and tried upgrade install everything worked out well at start.
but when come into console setup it show sth like.'' getty repeating too quickly on port'' and I am not able to choose any from the list to re configure the connection as i did before to re-gain access to WEBGUI. But I do have access to shared files as before.

6. luckily I had my configure file backup before I upgrade. So. did a fresh install. everything works fine. I have access to GUI with correct IP.

7. I have imported my Volume it looks fine. till I uploaded my configuration file which i backed up before
exactly issue happened again as number 5. I can't do anything on either console or WEBGUI.

SO PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!! Anyone has a solution for this? the issue is that i dont have any way to re-configure correctly.without configure EVERYthing AGAIN.

Thanks in advance.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Have you considered changing your router back to what it was originally (when you created the configuration file backup)? My guess is that the IP addresses have changed completely.

Frank Tank

Cadet
Have you considered changing your router back to what it was originally (when you created the configuration file backup)? My guess is that the IP addresses have changed completely.
It has been fixed. I forced my new router to old IP range. thanks you saved my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.