NAS died during the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

faztic

Dabbler
Its usually powered up all the time and drawing its power from the UPS. One morning it was shut off, when i tried to power it up the fans starts to spin for half a second and then stops. The NAS had an identical motherboard earlier and was hit by a powerspike so it died (this was before the UPS). I have tried to switch powersupply but the same thing happens. I have tried to switch to the old motherboard but it was still dead. Could it be the motherboard this time again? If so, any ideas of why it could happen?

melloa

Wizard
The power spike that fried the motherboard could also have affected other components, like the cpu, memory, or other pci connected to it, and it just went bad today. Try the build up process by:
- Remove all from your mother board and connect only cpu, cpu fan, and one memory stick (or the minimum you can have to get it going). Make sure you have a buzzer connected to the mother board to be able to troubleshoot the beeps it might sound.
- If that works start adding components one by one until you find (or not) the defective one. If all goes well it was either a bad connection and re-seating everything cleared the problem or you will identify the faulty #*&$^.

Good luck.

faztic

Dabbler
Ok, thank you! I will try that.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hardware specs?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

faztic

Dabbler
Chassi: Node 304 Motherboard: ASROCK E3C226D2I CPU: Intel Core i3 @ 3.6 GHz RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC Harddrives: 6 * WD RED SOHO 3 TB
PSU: Corsair RM450 UPS: Eaton Ellipse PRO 1600VA

Stux

MVP
Nice little system.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Chassi: Node 304 Motherboard: ASROCK E3C226D2I CPU: Intel Core i3 @ 3.6 GHz RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC Harddrives: 6 * WD RED SOHO 3 TB
PSU: Corsair RM450 UPS: Eaton Ellipse PRO 1600VA
Yeah good system. You might have done bad hardware in there. Try removing stuff and see if it fixes stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.