FreeNAS Mini fourth dead motherboard?

AMPSandMan

Cadet
Hello -
I have a FreeNAS Mini that I bought in 2015 that has had three motherboard replacements since I got it, and I think the fourth motherboard just died.

Recently, it rebooted itself uncommanded twice, then just up and died. The only way I could get it to power on was to pull the power cord, hold the power button for about ten seconds, plug it back in, and press the power button again. Even then, it would only power on for a matter of seconds before going dark. I tried swapping in a spare power supply, but that did not change anything.

I put in a ticket with iXsystems support, and all they did was forward me to sales, who offered to sell me a new motherboard for $495.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to proceed? I'm getting a bit fed up with all of these dead motherboards, and I'm a bit reluctant to buy one, especially for $495 if it's just going to fail again in the next year or two. I have to say, of all of the other computers I've used over the years, I've only ever had to replace a motherboard once, so I'm having difficulty believing that four dead in the same computer is a coincidence. Maybe there is there a suitable drop-in replacement that I could try?

Thanks.

Sand

AMPSandMan

Cadet
After some back and forth with iXsystems support, they have agreed to replace my motherboard for free. I appreciate that they stand behind their hardware, and hopefully I won't be back here again in a year with the same issue...

Thanks.

Sand