Moved, new internet service, Sab and Tranmisson dont dl

Status
Not open for further replies.

H0mez

Dabbler
Hey I just moved to a new place. I moved my freenas server with me and plugged into my new place. Here I had a new router and obviously a new internet service (TWC -> Charter). Turned everything on, but Sab, transmission, sickbeard or couchpotato don't seem to be getting access to the web. I then brought down the router I was using before thinking it was some settings on this temp router. But still I get nothing.

Any ideas?

Did you use static ip addresses on your box before you moved? Does your new router give out a different IP scheme such as 192.168.x.x? Are you able to get to FreeNAS server via IP?

H0mez

Dabbler
Did you use static ip addresses on your box before you moved? Yea, I believe so. My router also gave it a new ip when I moved. I am also able to get to the console via the brower using the Ip.

So lets do this, on your computer i assume you have internet access via the new internet service/router. Pull up command prompt and do ipconfig /all ; this will give us your new IP address range and subnet to work with. Once we have that pull your FreeNAS and check in network settings, see if you have a static ip address assigned to your FreeNAS box. After that just over to jails and see if you have IPv4 DHCP checked off or not, and check the advanced settings. If any of the settings in FreeNAS differ from the info that ipconfig /all gave you (other then IP address) theres your problem(s).

So if ipconfig /all outputs:

Your desktops IP of 192.168.1.23 , subnet 255.255.255.0 , and a default gateway of 192.168.1.1

You should assign your FreeNAS server a IP somewhere in the range of 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.249, punch in the subnet provided, and the default gateway, do this for your jails too if the info differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.