mount raid 1 qnap drive

mailmonster

Cadet
Hello community i have two raid one drives from ny qnap ts-251+ . I would like to mount one within tämy freenas system to copy data. Is this possible? I read somewhere that qnap uses mdadm? I am not a freebsd expert so any help would be appreciated. Happy easter chris

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Happy easter chris
Thanks! Happy Easter to you also.
I read somewhere that qnap uses mdadm?
This is true. I don't think you will be able to do what you are thinking of doing.
I would like to mount one within tämy freenas system to copy data. Is this possible?
It is vaguely possible that it might work, but I think it would take a bit of technical expertise.
I am not a freebsd expert so any help would be appreciated.
I certainly wouldn't try to do that, mainly because even though FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD, it is an 'appliance' operating system where certain features that are in FreeBSD have been excluded from FreeNAS and other features have been locked down by the developers to prevent changes.
I really don't think it is possible.
i have two raid one drives from ny qnap ts-251+
As slow as it is, the best thing to do here is copy the data over the network.

mailmonster

Cadet
Thanks for your answer. Maybe i can mount it from a linux desktop and copy it. i copied everything over the network and i am fairly sure i got everything but i wanted to doublecheck it and already sold the old nas without the disks

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Thanks for your answer. Maybe i can mount it from a linux desktop and copy it. i copied everything over the network and i am fairly sure i got everything but i wanted to doublecheck it and already sold the old nas without the disks
It is much more likely that you can mount it under Linux, mainly because Linux has the ability to install features that you might need to access the data.