Mount points not showing in jails

sdgenxr

Contributor
I have a fresh install of 11.3-U3.2 with a couple of jails installed and running. The problem I'm having is that when I map a mount point, it does not show up when I try and navigate to that directory.

Mount Point: /mnt/tank01/Media/Movies => /mnt/ssd/iocage/jails/Radarr/root/media/Movies

Yet, when I navigate to /root/media in Radarr, there isn't a Movies folder. This is the same across all of my newly installed plugins.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try restarting your jail after creating the jail mount.

sdgenxr

Contributor
I've restarted the jails and FreeNAS a couple of times.

Samuel Tai

Actually, you have to navigate to /media inside the jail. The section of the path /mnt/ssd/iocage/jails/Radarr/root/ is reserved for iocage. Everything after root/ is inside the jail.

Last edited:

sdgenxr

Contributor
I have and this is what shows within Radarr when navigating to /media.
Untitled.jpg

Samuel Tai

Your jail mount is in a different pool than your jail. What are the permissions on the jail mount target directory, and all the parent directories?

Samuel Tai

Also, you have to sync the account UID/GID both inside and outside the jail. See this previous thread for an example.

sdgenxr

Contributor
Your jail mount is in a different pool than your jail. What are the permissions on the jail mount target directory, and all the parent directories?
I'm still working on creating a group with all the various jail users that has access to the associated directories. In the past, even without write access, I could navigate to the new mapped mount points inside the jail. I couldn't write to the directories, but I could see them in the jail.

The way I'm going about resolving permissions for the jails is by using a group "JailUser" that contains the associated UID's for the different jails. For Radarr, there is user radarr with an ID of 352. ACL for the media directory has the group "JailUser" added.
MediaACL.jpg