Mount points for qbittorrent

Firestorm

Dabbler
Hi Everyone. I am new to using TrueNas Core. I recently downloaded the plugin qbittorrent, prowlarr, and radarr. I don't know what I should have for mount points withing the plugins/jails so that the downloads go to the folder I want. I currently have all three plugins 'talking to each other.' I want the downloads from qbittorrent to go into my Media dataset that is in the same pool as my plugins. I can get qbittorrent to download in the root media (mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media) but when they download there I can't see the downloads at all. I want to download all of them to (mnt/Plugins/Media/Movies). What should I have for my source and destination to be able to do this?
1698882992068.png
1698882154355.png

I do have users made for the jails, and i believe that they have all the correct permissions.
1698881991378.png

Davvo

MVP
If qBittorrent doesn't have the permissions to write in that path it will tell you in the WebUI.

If you are using plugins you are shooting yourself on the foot, make your own jails.

Also the users should have the same ID number in the NAS and in the JAILS.

Firestorm

Dabbler
Is there a way that I can do it with the plugins? I am not really familiar with FreeBSD at all.

Davvo

MVP
Plugins are a pain to work with, plus they will be discountinued.
I guess you could make it work, but I have no idea.

How comfortable are you in the command-line in general? (Doesn't matter if it's FreeBSD, Linux, or Windows.)

Davvo

MVP
About qBittorrent I did as described in the following thread (especially look at the replies since I made a few mistakes):

How do you do it? and where can I go to get information to do the same thing?
If you promise to only use bittorrent as a force for good, then we can help you.

You must vow to never use bittorrent for anything other than downloading and seeding Linux ISOs.

Firestorm

Dabbler
I planned on using qbit for non-copyrighted movies. I have access to Amazon prime, Netflix, Disney plus, and Hulu. I don't have a need for pirating movies. Also, I am not very familiar with command line or anything like that. Like I said before I'm new to all of this stuff.

You didn't have to answer that. :oops: I was... nevermind.

I am not very familiar with command line or anything like that.
This is going to make it less feasible to maintain your own jail, even if you are able to get things up and running today. It gets more complex since you've got three jails (as Plugins) talking to each other.

But we can try to make the Plugin work for now. Just understand for the future: Plugins will outright lose all support.

I can get qbittorrent to download in the root media (mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media) but when they download there I can't see the downloads at all. I want to download all of them to (mnt/Plugins/Media/Movies). What should I have for my source and destination to be able to do this?
I have a suspicion that you entered /mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media as the Download Location in the qBittorrent settings. The jail's filesystem tree begins after <path-to-jail>/root/.

You're supposed to enter the Download Location as /media/Movies/ in the qBittorrent settings. (The jail doesn't know about anything outside its filesystem. It has no access to the TrueNAS host's filesystem.)

So you probably accidentally downloaded the files to the literal path: /mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media

I can only guess, since you didn't post a screenshot of the qBittorrent settings.

Last edited:

Firestorm

Dabbler
I have a suspicion that you entered /mnt/Plugins/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media as the Download Location in the qBittorrent settings. The jail's filesystem tree begins after <path-to-jail>/root/.

I did have qBittorrent downloading to /media/moves but I wasn't able to see them in there at all.
Would it be a permissions issue that I can't see them then?

So changed it just to root/media
1699051836293.png

Can you share your TrueNAS Users / UID, as well as those in the Jail? And also qBittorrent's settings?

In the jail, what do you see for this:
Code:
ls -l /media

And this:
Code:
cat /etc/rc.conf

Almost forgot, outside of the jail, what does this reveal:
Code:
getfacl /mnt/Plugins/Media

I added one more command. (I edited my post, see above.)