Put qBittorrent in an iocage jail, fstab mounted a location, files deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Anyone know what could cause this?
My qBittorrent jail has /root/media mounted back to my main array as /mnt/ARRAY/media/download
Overnight, a heap of content that was stored here, is gone. This never occurred under Warden?

What did I do wrong?

I created it, using a command from the guides for Radarr and Jackett
iocage fstab -a qbittorrent /mnt/ARRAY/media/download /media nullfs rw 0 0

Luckily it's only slightly annoying. I can repair most of what was destroyed, but I'd like to avoid this in future?

anmnz

Patron
Anyone know what could cause this?
My qBittorrent jail has /root/media mounted back to my main array as /mnt/ARRAY/media/download
Overnight, a heap of content that was stored here, is gone. This never occurred under Warden?

What did I do wrong?

I created it, using a command from the guides for Radarr and Jackett
iocage fstab -a qbittorrent /mnt/ARRAY/media/download /media nullfs rw 0 0

Luckily it's only slightly annoying. I can repair most of what was destroyed, but I'd like to avoid this in future?
Probably just a typo, but your first paragraph mentions /root/media while the command you quoted creates a mount on /media in the jail. This isn't just a case of confusion between the two?

Failing that, it sounds like something in the jail has cleared out /media. Is that plausible?

Are there snapshots you can recover from?

Last edited:

diskdiddler

Wizard
It is just a typo.

No snapshots.

I'm thinking about creating a new dataset called "download" and migrating all my stuff on to that.
Right now I have

/media/download/
/media/download/completed
/media/download/completed/newmovies
/media/download/incomplete
/media/download/sabnzbd (content here is renamed and moved to /newmovies)
/media/download/jdownloader
/media/download/browsers (content from firefox / chrome on all my PCs saves here)
Finally, most importantly.

/media/tv
/media/movies

I think I want to just make

/download/
Problem is, getting content from /download/ into /media/ off the root, not sure how to do it, it'll be a new share

Status
Not open for further replies.