More than a hour to install any plguins !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishanth

Cadet
I am just new to freenas and i am really dunno how to solve this issue ,

My spec ,,

AMD Phenom II X6
8GB DDR3 Vengeance Ram
150 GB sata Drive - FREENAS OS
500 GB sata Drive -ZFS Volume storage

First i tried freenas 9.2 USB version and everything works so well apart from plugins ,

it always took more than a hour to install a small plugin like transmission . so , i thought maybe because of the USB .
so ,I have Installed the FREENAS in 150 GB Sata Drive and still the same problem,,

Is it conman ? plugins take that much to install .. creating for a jail more than a hour and installing plugin 4/4 and takes so much time

Please help me if u can .

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sounds much longer then it should. your OS disk shouldnt affect plugin install time, everything would be installed onto your zpool.

maybe benchmark your zpool speed, and connection to the internet. the first plugin install downloads a fairly large jail template then uncompresses it to disk. though 1+ hours seems way to long to me.

Nishanth

Cadet
sounds much longer then it should. your OS disk shouldnt affect plugin install time, everything would be installed onto your zpool.

maybe benchmark your zpool speed, and connection to the internet. the first plugin install downloads a fairly large jail template then uncompresses it to disk. though 1+ hours seems way to long to me.
Thanks for your reply ,
Actually after installing plex and transmission .. other plugins took only 5 -10 min to install .. i dunno what happened but alteast it's install faster now .

i got 25mbps connection only . btw i can benchmark the zpool in freenas itself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.