freenas 9.3 jails unable to find template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armada

Cadet
Hello.
New on the forums!
So i just installed 9.3, have used 9.2 for some time but due to new apartment i have not been using my server for some time. So i did a fresh install and wanted to install some plugins, Plex for example.
I made a dataset for plugins, set the directory for plugins to my dataset.
but when i try to install a plugin i get an error. [unable to find template]
So i don't fully understand what the problem is, but i understand it is something with creating a jail, tried creating a jail but did not work.

Im using the ASRock C2750D4I with 16 gb ecc memory, with 4 three tb drives in raidZ.

very thankful for any help!

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
In my second attempt to install the Plex plugin I ran into the same problem, the one and only plugin I'm playing with so far.

I had some leftovers from my first attempt (folders .plugins, .warden-files-cache and warden-template-pluginjail within <JailRoot>). After deleting these leftovers using the shell, the installation of the Plex plugin worked again.

MrToddsFriends

Apollo

Wizard
Hello.
New on the forums!
So i just installed 9.3, have used 9.2 for some time but due to new apartment i have not been using my server for some time. So i did a fresh install and wanted to install some plugins, Plex for example.
I made a dataset for plugins, set the directory for plugins to my dataset.
but when i try to install a plugin i get an error. [unable to find template]
So i don't fully understand what the problem is, but i understand it is something with creating a jail, tried creating a jail but did not work.

Im using the ASRock C2750D4I with 16 gb ecc memory, with 4 three tb drives in raidZ.

very thankful for any help!
Are you connected to the internet?
Make sure Frenas is using BIND to point to the router Gateway IP where it can get DNS info.

Armada

Cadet
Are you connected to the internet?
Make sure Frenas is using BIND to point to the router Gateway IP where it can get DNS info.
In my second attempt to install the Plex plugin I ran into the same problem, the one and only plugin I'm playing with so far.

I had some leftovers from my first attempt (folders .plugins, .warden-files-cache and warden-template-pluginjail within <JailRoot>). After deleting these leftovers using the shell, the installation of the Plex plugin worked again.

MrToddsFriends
Thank you for your reply.
I ended up reinstalling freenas, had some trouble doing that but finally have it up and running. This time I didn't have any problems with jails or permissions as I did last time, leading me into thinking either I did something wrong or the installation went wrong. Either way problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.