Mobo won't recognize boot media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPrs

Explorer
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here but, the system won't recognize the burned image on the drives I have.

This is a new system, all new hardware, the mobo is a ASRock E3C224D2I. I've burned the images on a spare 8GB USB stick in FAT32, I've also tried it in FAT. Additionally I tried another external HDD in NTFS and FAT32.

I'm using ISO to USB software to mount the images.

I load the BIOS, boot priorities, then enable the drive with the image on as the first boot device, save and restart. System never sees the media, "please insert boot media blah blah."

Edit: I'm burning:
FreeNAS-9.2.1-RC-e880546-x64.iso

SmallGuy

Guru
There is actually some trouble with usb3 support with c224/c226 chipset.
Search on the forum you will find your answer.
Try disable usb3 on BIOS setups.
Follow also the documentation to create your boot device.

DanPrs

Explorer
So then why am I getting "No configured interfaces were found. try to do it manually?"

SmallGuy

Guru
Good question.
As you are a Pionneer with this board, you are on the best place to bring us the answer! ;)

DanPrs

Explorer
I feel a great burden has been laid upon me. Yet my experience so far is minimal :l

How do I go about installing the driver though, I would think if anything, the system would tell me if the driver already exists. Is it possible to install it from the shell using a usb drive?

DanPrs

Explorer
This makes no sense. I restarted and the same message appeared: "No configured interfaces were found. try to do it manually."

So I updated the BIOS again but the message is still there. :confused:

NVM; I need a nap lol

Had moved the server and connected the ethernet to the wrong port. I'll stop the spamming.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.