Missing Available Plugin list

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all I'm new to freenas and i needed to re-install freenas because of an HW issue with my PC.

Since the latest build when i go to install plugins and i click on the available option The list of the available plugin does not appear. what i get is a "working circle" and the gui just sits there. I exited the GUI and re tried this option to no avail.

Any issue i have overlooked or did i miss a step

thank you for your response

D

dlavigne

Hello all I'm new to freenas and i needed to re-install freenas because of an HW issue with my PC.

Since the latest build when i go to install plugins and i click on the available option The list of the available plugin does not appear. what i get is a "working circle" and the gui just sits there. I exited the GUI and re tried this option to no avail.

Any issue i have overlooked or did i miss a step

thank you for your response

Can you ping an Internet address (such as google.com)? Also, which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

William Bravin

Contributor
Can you ping an Internet address (such as google.com)? Also, which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

Thank you all for your replies.

I can ping external sites with no problem I'm running 11.2 beta 3 strangely enough I can't use system information to update I left it there for the whole night to no avail (it did not update) it stays on the starting job screen

D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages or /var/log/middlewared.log when you try to start an update?

oOSGearOo

Dabbler
Here Iam new please be kind.
I have the same issue when I click on plugins then there is none listed, nada...
I can ping google.com from the freenas box, so I can see the outside world.
Edit:FreeNAS-11.2-RC1

wingz86

Cadet
Same issue here. Just did fresh install on new system. 11.2 RC plugins not working. On older system 11.0-U2 plugins work fine. DNS setting same as is the Gateway. As others have stated, can ping various websites with no issues. ping google etc.. via shell.

Is it possible to download older version on freenas site? Thinking of just wiping out build and installing 11.0-U2

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all I'm thinking of doing the roll back to 11.1. what issues can i expect?

wingz86

Cadet
I rolled out VM with 11.2 RC no plugin available with this one either. I have 1 physical system and 1 Vm that have the same issue NO Plugins. My next step will be roll out a 11.1 or 11.0 in a VM. Then if Plugins are available, I'll try and do upgrade to the VM 11.2 RC see if it will let me do that.. In the mean time I'll backup my physical either with my LTO tape drive or use Acronis to external USB drive

wingz86

Cadet
Hello all I'm thinking of doing the roll back to 11.1. what issues can i expect?
Just make sure you backup your data. You might try using Virtual Box to test 11.1. The bottom line is we may have to live with 11.2 RC until Freenas does something. I'm under the impression there is a bug with it. Haven't seen anyone on here say they have it working even with changing the DNS setting to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 the ole default.

wingz86

Cadet
Just got done building another FREENAS VM, this time using build 11.0 U2. Plugins WORKED like a charm. Next step is to see what happens if I downgrade the Vm with build 11.2 RC to 11.0 U2
As I see it there are two options wait for FREENAS to acknowledge there is problem with 11.2 RC or use something other than 11.2 RC ie...11.0, 11.1

wingz86

Cadet
Wonder if FreeNas put the wrong download on the website and the one that is advertized as RC is in reality only 11.2 on the website there are 2 versions one that only to be used for storage and the other with plugins and some other features

oOSGearOo

Dabbler
Same issue here. Just did fresh install on new system. 11.2 RC plugins not working. On older system 11.0-U2 plugins work fine. DNS setting same as is the Gateway. As others have stated, can ping various websites with no issues. ping google etc.. via shell.

Is it possible to download older version on freenas site? Thinking of just wiping out build and installing 11.0-U2
If one tries the beta interface insted of classic old then the plugins for plex are their. I still used the classic interface to configure parts of the install though.

William Bravin

Contributor
Just make sure you backup your data. You might try using Virtual Box to test 11.1. The bottom line is we may have to live with 11.2 RC until Freenas does something. I'm under the impression there is a bug with it. Haven't seen anyone on here say they have it working even with changing the DNS setting to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 the ole default.

Thank you all I re-booted the NAS and downloaded the update, now i can see the plugins and capable of installing them. Once again thank you I will continue to live with 11.2 RC1

wingz86

Cadet
that is strange... but like oOSGearOo stated... using the Webface instead of Classic Gui the plugins are there. Thanks for your input oOSgearOo

Status
Not open for further replies.