No plugin list - Network is setup correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyOne

Cadet
Hello Everyone,

I have been having problems loading the plugin list, and I know forsure that networking is setup correctly. Whenever I open the plugins menu, it sits at "Loading..." for a minute or so and then eventually always reads "No entry has been found"

Here's some things I already checked and seem fine:
1. System updates work fine (In system > update). I can update the base easily and it always seems to just work.
2. Gateway and dns are setup and appear in the GUI and resolve.conf
3. I can ping the internet (8.8.8.8) and nslookup download.freenas.org (I get "64.62.136.38" as the address currently)
4. I can wget "http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/pbi-meta/pbi-repo.rpo", that works fine
5. I am on the latest stable version of freenas available in system>update as of 05/19/2015

Any suggestions on what else to try?

Thanks in advance.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
When was this occurring? Something crazy was happening yesterday with the freenas.org servers.

JeremyOne

Cadet
When was this occurring? Something crazy was happening yesterday with the freenas.org servers.

I have been trying one or twice a day for the last week or I am trying to replace all of what the old freenas server does, which is great, but the the summer is warming up here in the US. I would love to turn the old server off and have one less server creating heat in my office.

kloon

Dabbler
I have the same problem and this happen to me months ago and not being resolve. I cannot update or install plugin.

JeremyOne

Cadet
I have been trying to update every day or so when I notice my browser window open and still no plugins show, and no error messages in the log. I am at a loss to even know where to start debugging on this, if I had an error message to read I would at least have something to start with.

Any ideas?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Freenas version and debug file. Your network isn't setup correctly.

JeremyOne

Cadet
So last night I upgraded to the latest version:
-To: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505130355
Then exported my debug file, and and with no other changes the plugin list started working again. :cool:

Just for people interested in this problem, here are the versions I tried:
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502110455 < Initial install, plugin list broken
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503270027 < Updated before transferring my data to this server, plugin list broken
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505040117 < Updated trying to get plugins to work, plugin list broken
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505100553 < Update last week, plugin list broken
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505130355 < Last update, seems to work fine now

Is it possible exporting the debug file fixed something? I'm not sure what it could have been, my understanding is all the commands it runs are informational. Or is it more likely that all the 4 old versions of freenas I had were all broken? I also rebooted the box maybe 10 times in the last couple of months.

My mind is boggled since the regular system update presumably uses the same (or similar) method to check for updates, and that worked fine the whole time, and I was always able to wget the plugin list url from the same system without issue. At any rate, it seems to be working now, so I am not going to go through too much brain damage trying to figure it out.

Thanks for everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.