SOLVED miniDLAN, not finding files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Title says all. Here is the log of minidlna.log:

Code:
[2014/10/29 00:09:33] minidlna.c:913: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.0.25 [SQLite 3.7.16.1].
[2014/10/29 00:09:33] minissdp.c:108: error: bind(udp): Address already in use
[2014/10/29 00:09:33] minissdp.c:815: error: connect("/var/run/minissdpd.sock"): No such file or directory[2014/10/29 00:09:33] minidlna.c:1011: fatal: Failed to connect to MiniSSDPd. EXITING[2014/10/29 00:09:3
7] minidlna.c:913: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.0.25 [SQLite 3.7.16.1].
[2014/10/29 00:09:37] minidlna.c:936: warn: Creating new database...
[2014/10/29 00:09:37] minissdp.c:108: error: bind(udp): Address already in use
[2014/10/29 00:09:37] minissdp.c:815: error: connect("/var/run/minissdpd.sock"): No such file or directory[2014/10/29 00:09:37] minidlna.c:1011: fatal: Failed to connect to MiniSSDPd. EXITING[2014/10/29 00:09:3
7] scanner.c:732: warn: Scanning /media/Video
[2014/10/29 00:09:37] scanner.c:803: warn: Scanning /media/Video finished (0 files)!
[2014/10/29 00:09:37] playlist.c:126: warn: Parsing playlists...

In jail storage, this is what I have.

Source: /mnt/STOR
Destination: /media/Video
Read only is unchecked.
Mounted? is unchecked because it wont work if checked.

MiniDLNA.conf:
Code:
media_dir=/media/Video
port=8200
inotify=yes
enable_tivo=no
strict_dlna=yes
notify_interval=895
friendly_name=Media
model_number=00132435
serial=15

Also, /mnt/STOR has about 100 some pictures and videos. So, that place isn't empty. What is going on?

PS: miniDLNA shows up on PnP devices like my phone and TV. Also, I know I spelled DLNA wrong. My fingers moved in the wrong order.

Last edited:

ewhac

Contributor
Mounted? is unchecked because it wont work if checked.
Well, that's darned goofy. Does the directory /media/Video exist inside the miniDLNA jail?

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Well, that's darned goofy. Does the directory /media/Video exist inside the miniDLNA jail?
Yes, it is. This is the error I get when the 'Mounted?' option is checked.
Code:
Error: [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/STOR: Mount failed (64) -> mount_nullfs: /mnt/STOR (/mnt/STOR) and /mnt/STOR/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video are not distinct paths ]

ewhac

Contributor
If I'm reading the error message correctly, it looks like you're trying to mount a super-directory in a subdirectory of the same filesystem, which would result in a infinitely recursive directory hierarchy. I'm pretty sure 'mount' disallows that.

Consider: /mnt/STOR/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video would loop back up to /mnt/STOR. That means you could descend to /mnt/STOR/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video, which would logically loop back up to /mnt/STOR. And you could go down to /mnt/STOR/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video/jails/minidlna_1/media/Video, which would loop, etc., etc., etc...

Now, if you had all your videos and photos under /mnt/STOR/media, then you could mount that as /media/Video inside the jail, and it wouldn't recurse back up through /mnt/STOR/jails.

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Well, I don't feel like moving 700 some GB of data to a folder. So I'll just change the locations of the jails to a different disk. See if that fixes it.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Moving the files will be instantaneous if it is being move to a directory in the same dataset. Just use the CLI to do the mv. Best practices would probably include not actually putting data in the root of your pool because there are hidden system files at the root that probably shouldn't be shared over the network. Also moving the jails to a different disk doesn't really make sense, what do you mean when you say this?

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Moving the files will be instantaneous if it is being move to a directory in the same dataset. Just use the CLI to do the mv. Best practices would probably include not actually putting data in the root of your pool because there are hidden system files at the root that probably shouldn't be shared over the network. Also moving the jails to a different disk doesn't really make sense, what do you mean when you say this?

Alright, question before I do that. Would I just do "mv mnt/STOR/* mnt/STOR/media" Or something else? Also, I have to use UFS filesystem if that matters at all. I'm using freeNAS as a learning opportunity so I didn't have a great computer to run it on.

Also, since I use UFS, each disk kinda only gets one volume (Unless I did something majorly wrong.). So I would just put the jails onto a different volume.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Ahh. OK so moving the jails would work but that command will work also, kind of. It will fail because it's going to try to move the directory into the directory but will probably move all the files anyways. Test it on test data not your actually data first.

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Ahh. OK so moving the jails would work bit that command will work, kind of. It will fail because it's going to try to move the directory into the directory but will probably move all the files anyways. Test it on test data not your actually data first.

So what syntax would I actually use? I am complete FreeBSD noob.

Update. Apparently I have a read-only file system.

Last edited:

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Update. It's closer to working now. It scans the items, but they are not showing up on the TV and phone (My phone is using bubbleupnp). Is it just because I have a lot of stuff or did something not work right? In the log, minissdpd.sock is still missing. And when I go to the jail IP, it shows 0 items in stats.

Mailstorm

Dabbler
Final update. All works now. It was a matter of playing with the jail storage and the minidlna config.

Status
Not open for further replies.