Messed up permissions for Nextcloud 12.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jockotomen

Cadet
Hi Guys!

Now I really messed up. I was sitting fiddling with permissions (in the freenas UI) on my volume containing both the jail, files and db folders for my nextcloud installation.

I accidentally wrote permission root/wheel 770 on the whole volume where the nextcloud folders is, recursively.

Now, of course, I get 403 error (permission denied) when trying to access anything in the nextcloud html directory from a browser. Not sure but probably there are more permission troubles beneath the surface.

Anyone that has some idea what the best approach would be here?

Any help most appreciated!

BTW. I did follow this guide to install Nextcloud 12.3: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...reenas-11-with-all-checks-passed.58634/page-3

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
If you changed the permissions to nobody:staff 777 recursively it seems like you should be able to get back in.

This should effectively remove all limits to access on the files.

Jockotomen

Cadet
httpd-error.log shows a lot like this:

[Fri Dec 29 09:52:59.717968 2017] [:error] [pid 13118] [client 192.168.2.40:51698] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\\DBAL\\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:61\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\\DB\\Connection->connect()\n#1 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()\n#2 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()\n#3 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()\n#4 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(148): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)\n#5 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/ in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php on line 61

LotLits

Dabbler
@Jockotomen It sounds like your database isn't starting. My db folder is owned by user/group 88 which is the mysql user/group within the jail. You could try changing permissions of the DB directory to your mysql user/group within the jail, and starting mysqld (or restarting the jail) with
Code:
service mysql-server restart

This is just a guess though.

Jockotomen

Cadet
That is correct. Mysql is not starting. I changed the owner of the db-folder before. It is owned by mysql:mysql.

Still:

Code:
service mysql-server start

gives me the following result

Code:
Starting mysql.
login class 'daemon' non-existent, using default
su: pam_start: system error
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server: WARNING: failed to start mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.