Manage plex plugin "not authorized, you do not have access to this server"

scooby622

Cadet
Hello i am brand new to truenas core or any kind of server/linux/nas software so this is a very steep learning curve for me and i ask for patience. Currently, my goal is to get plex running from this hardware so that i can have a local movie library. i was able to do all the basic setup ie creating a pool, creating a user, creating a windows share. I know this topic has been written on but from my understanding, those people were manually installing plex in a way that i am not familiar with. I am simply installing the plex plugin.

I initially had an issue installing plex using default settings so i did a little digging and found a solution that worked. i don't exactly understand what each setting i changed actually does but i can explain the steps i followed. I unchecked DHCP and checked NAT in the basic properties. allowed me to install plex but then i had an issue where the manage tab would not load a webpage and would refuse to connect. this was solved by going to the plex plugin network settings and enabling nat port forwarding. once that was enabled i set the jail port number and host port number on both the udp and TCP to 32400 (I followed a guide for this, have zero clue what any of that means) This finally allowed the manage tab to open into plex where i was able to login but once i tried to go any further i got the message "Not authorized You do not have access to this server". This pops up everytime i hit the manage tab now.

From what i read, i have to insert a plex claim code somewhere but i do not know where this would be entered. i do not see anything specifically in the plex jail properties, and everyone else seemed to be installing plex manually. does anyone know where i can plug in this code or if there is another solution?