SOLVED Lost my (downloaded) files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdspieg

Contributor
I downloaded some files with Transmission. In the transmission GUI I see everything is downloaded correctly and even seeded. When I look in my download folder, I don't see anything though. I must admit that I had changed the download folder just before I started downloading this torrent - but now I can't find it either in the old one, nor in the new one. Can anybody help me find it? Thanks.

sdspieg

Contributor
Can somebody please help me with this? It is really frustrating to see that everything is there, that even some of my peers are uploading those files, but that I can't for the life of me find them! Thanks!

sdspieg

Contributor
Ok - well I put some time in this myself, and figured out it was probably an ownership issue. The files were in the default transmission download folder, but I couldn't see them because I didn't have the right ownership. So I went into winscp (through SCP and as root), changed the ownership, and then finally saw them and was also able to move them (again through Winscp) to the folder where I wanted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.