Can't locate downloaded files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdspieg

Contributor
I had to reflash the usb-stick with my FreeNAS system on it after it had become corrupted due to a power issue. I reimported the previous config file and everything seemed fine: the WebGUI works again, all jails are up and running.
But it now seems that there is still some problem. In sabnzbd, various files appear to download correctly and when I look in the gui to find out where it puts them, I see they should be in /mnt/TVShows. When I check under /mnt/StephanNAS/jails/sabnzbd_1/mnt/TVShows, I do indeed see them. The folder in the jail also seems to be properly linked to the folder outside of the jail that my plex server is using.

08.10.2014-13.26.png

And yet when I look in the linked folder outside of the jail, I do not see the subfolders that I have in the linked folder INSIDE the jail. Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem here? They both have 777 permissions. Thanks!

sdspieg

Contributor
Trying that. Doesn't seem to make a difference. But maybe it takes a while. I noticed that it also took a while before I 'saw' the files in the jail itself, even though sabnzbd immediately indicated they were there. Could this also be because I am 'looking' at these folders with winscp from a windows machine? Anyway, I checked the 'mounted' box, will give it some time and will report back. Thanks!

danb35

Hall of Famer
In *nix, in order to mount a filesystem, you first create a directory where it will be mounted (the mount point), and then you mount it there. The directory needs to be empty. I think what's happened is that you have some files in the mount point directory, which is preventing the mount from happening. Try moving the files out of that directory, then stopping and restarting the jail.

sdspieg

Contributor
Hmmm. Here's what happened. After mounting the directory, the files that completed downloading in sabnzbd did end up in the right directory outside of the jail. So that's great. But now I wonder where the files are that downloaded prior to mounting it. Any ideas on this one?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Try to find them..

Outside the jail do...

# find / -name "somefilename"

sdspieg

Contributor
Thanks Cyberjock. I tried that - ran the command, waited for about 3 hours but nothing happened. So I ended up just redownloading the few files that got 'lost'...

Status
Not open for further replies.