How to get SABnzbd to save downloads outside of jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanS

Cadet
I have FreeNAS build FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64 (fdbe9a0). I use it to store my media (TV shows, movies and music). I use the Plex Media Server Plugin to stream the media to WD TV Live and Roku 3 devices. This works great.

I have also installed the SABnzbd and SickBeard Plugins. I have both of these working under Windows and have been using them for months. I have replicated this working configuration in FreeNAS, and am able to download TV shows without any problem.

The problem I am running into is that I can't figure how to get SABnzbd to save completed downloads outside of its Jail.

All of my Plugins are in the same jail.

[root@freenas] # jls
JID IP Address Hostname Path
1 - customplugin_1 /mnt/Vol_ada0/jails/customplugin_1
2 - plexmediaserver_1 /mnt/Vol_ada0/jails/plexmediaserver_1
5 - sabnzbd_1 /mnt/Vol_ada0/jails/sabnzbd_1
6 - sickbeard_1 /mnt/Vol_ada0/jails/sickbeard_1

In the sabnzbd_1 jail, I have added storage as follows:

Jail: sabnzbd_1
Source: /mnt/Vol_ada0/Win_ada0/downloads
Destination: /media/downloads

When I try to point the SABnzbd completed downloads folder to the /media/downloads/complete folder, it still puts the files in
/mnt/Vol_ada0/jails/sabnzbd_1/media/downloads/complete

What do I have to do to have the downloads end up in /mnt/Vol_ada0/Win_ada0/downloads/complete?

danb35

Hall of Famer
When you set up storage, the destination directory (inside the jail) must (1) exist, and (2) be empty. If either of these is not the case, you'll have problems.

DanS

Cadet
Thanks for the tip. I was able to resolve this by creating a new ZFS dataset at /mnt/Vol_ada0/Win_ada0/downloads.
I then deleted the sabnzb_1 storage, and added it back and now my downloads are ending up in /mnt/Vol_ada0/Win_ada0/downloads/complete.

I think it might be that the storage created inside the jail must point directly to the exact path of an existing dataset. So if your dataset is /mnt/Vol_ada0/Win_ada0, you can't add a storage source as /mnt/Vol_ada0/Win_ada0/downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.