Lost connection to keyboardless freenas server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisherSweet

Contributor
I was installing the Plex plugin and at 83%, the web ui stopped updating. I refresh the gui and nothing came back.

I checked the network router (DHCP) and the machine shows inactive at the previous IP address.

I am unable to SSH into the box. In the past, if I didn't have a keyboard connected on boot, it didn't recognize one later.

I do have a monitor connected and this is what's on the screen:

IMG_0785.jpg

I'm not sure what I can do now. Is my open only to pull the plug and hope for the best?

SwisherSweet

Contributor
Well, actually I tried plugging the keyboard into a different USB port and it recognized it. So I typed "14" and pressed enter.

It prompted:

Confirm Shutdown (y/n):

I pressed y then enter.

Then it went to next line, then nothing. It is not shutting down.

farmerpling2

Patron
Is it possible that someone is accessing a network share? I have seen shutdowns hang until the CIFS access was dropped (file closed). I did not dig into it, but was surprised that shutdown did not abort connections and shutdown.

You might have to do a reset button and watch what comes up as it bots up. Might need to do a cold restart.

SwisherSweet

Contributor
Is it possible that someone is accessing a network share? I have seen shutdowns hang until the CIFS access was dropped (file closed). I did not dig into it, but was surprised that shutdown did not abort connections and shutdown.

You might have to do a reset button and watch what comes up as it bots up. Might need to do a cold restart.

Thanks for the reply. No one is accessing it since the NIC is inactive. All clients have lost connection. I even tried pull UPS power and hoping the APC system would shut it down, but it didn't.

Any other options on the table? The console just isn't responding to commands. The text is accepted, but nothing happens after hitting enter. I tried 13 (reboot) and 14 (shutdown). Also tried "/usr/libexec/getty freenas" but nothing happened.

If I do a cold restart, I'm I going to have big problems. Should I just scrub my pools?

Status
Not open for further replies.