Freenas server went unresponsive once a day

Lucas-Luo

Cadet
Hi all,

My Freenas server went stuck in the afternoon in two consecutive days and I dig through every file in /var/log/ and found nothing helpful.
In /var/log/daemon.log , it says ada0(log drive) temperature went to 74 around 1 hour before it dead, however I found it is a bug because it still shows more than 70 degree now and the web monitor gives 26 Celsius degree and smartctl give 26 aswell. This is just a bug I found.,

Anyway, Is there any other way to locate the problem that causes my server get stucked? Ip didn't change and I could ping its ip seeing response, but keyboard was unable to shutdown the server and couldn't access the web as well. In short, the server was dead with only ping still functional.

Someone please advise. Thank you!
Lucas

D

dlavigne

What else was going on in the logs (or what activity was happening on the NAS) around the time the system froze?

Also, what is the hardware and FreeNAS version (as per the Forum Rules)?

Lucas-Luo

Cadet
What else was going on in the logs (or what activity was happening on the NAS) around the time the system froze?

Also, what is the hardware and FreeNAS version (as per the Forum Rules)?

Hi,
I am new to the system. Here are the specifications:
FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201810020854
(Build Date: Oct 2, 2018 11:19)
Processor:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v6 @ 3.70GHz (8 cores)
8*8TB SATA HDD 1* 448GB LOG ZIL 1* 1.75TB Cache.

The log in daemon.log shows ada0 which which log zil has 74 Celsius degree when smartctl shows 26 degree.
I have checked every file under /var/log and only two messages, daemon.log show useful system related things but I found nothing that would cause the system going stuck.

Are there any other files I should look into? Please help.

D

dlavigne

Hmm, running a nightly is never a good thing.

If you do a fresh install of 11.2-RELEASE-U1 (to a different boot device is fine), does it resolve the issue?