FreeNAS 9.3 becomes unresponsive after some data transfer to iSCSI target

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethgi

Cadet
Hello,

Encountering an odd issue and have already done a bit of searching to see if this had been previously experienced but didn't find exactly related to what is being experienced.

Please bear with me, I am mainly familiar with Microsoft products and very limited experience with FreeBSD and such.

FreeNAS system was previously 9.2.1.3 and had been in place and running perfectly for some time, hosting 8 iSCSI targets to Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 servers. Updated to 9.3-STABLE-201506292332 and it was still working fine.

Had a new server in the environment which needed new iSCSI target so created that as normal, connected and formatted. Started some data transferring and at about 700-800MB into the transfer it errors out. I notice the target shows as "Reconnecting" in Windows. Go to check from Web GUI for FreeNAS and it is not accessible. Ping responds fine, so attempted SSH (as had previously enabled that), SSH attempt times out. Connected to FreeNAS via IPMI and found even at console it is unresponsive. Had to hard reboot, after which time it is back up and accessible.

All other servers besides this one continue to work normally transferring data on their iSCSI Targets.

I continued to investigate potential cause for this, confirmed all settings exactly the same on Windows Server side as the working servers. Continued to test for it and found that occasionally when connecting on console via IPMI there would be message:
Code:
WARNING: 192.168.0.216 (iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft.servername.domain.com): no ping reply (NOP-Out) after 5 seconds; dropping connection

Started some further investigation and also set sysctl kern.icl.debug=2
However not seeing anything relevant in the logs after subsequent occurrences of this issue.
I can reproduce the issue on demand.

Any suggestions/pointers on things I could check for this would be greatly appreciated.

sethgi

Cadet
Well it appears this is resolved. I deleted and recreated the target, extent and target / extent association and cannot reproduce the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.