Losing internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

b23norris

Cadet
Ok I am new to FreeNAS and have been able to get files moved to and from the hard drives on the FreeNAS box. However after having it running for about 15 minutes I loose all access to they system and internet. Not just losing access to the internet from the FreeNAS system but I am unable to access the internet from any computer or mobile device in my house. I have to shut the FreeNAS system down and reboot my modem and router. After the modem and router comes back up I have to reconnect to my wifi from my laptop to gain access to the internet again. If I shut the FreeNAS system down I still can not access it until I reboot my modem and router. I can ping the router from CMD but can not ping google or anything else. As long as I do not turn the FreeNAS system on I can access the internet all day long. I am running FreeNAS 9.10. Any ideas on what is going on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You have a seriously broken network.

Start by telling us the network settings you have for FreeNAS, your hardware configuration, and your network layout

melloa

Wizard
I have to shut the Frenas system down and reboot my modem and router.

AS @pirateghost requested, your network diagram would be nice. Don't understand what FreeNAS has to do with the other computers internet access.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
It's probably a combination of DHCP and static addresses conflicting.

saif alaqqad

Dabbler
Make sure your FreeNAS server IP Address is not the same as your router's IP Address

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

b23norris

Cadet
Wireless router is connected to modem, FreeNas is connected to router through Ethernet. Laptop is connected to router through wireless. (I will be connecting a desktop to router through Ethernet at a later time)

FreeNas Network

Global Configuration

Hostname: freenas

Domain: local

IPV4 Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

IPv6:

Name server 1: 8.8.8.8

Name Server 2: 8.8.4.4

That is all I have set up on the Network page on freenas GUI

The router I have not changed anything on it as of yet. Everything on the router was set when I purchased it several years ago. I have not changed anything on it since I set up Freenas.

For wblock I have not set any static Ip addresses.

saif alaqqad the ip addresses are different router is 192.168.1.1 and freenas is 192.168.1.102

as of the time I am writing this I have been able to keep internet access to everything for over 30 minutes as of right now. I did go through the how-to configuration guide. Changed a couple of things on it, I had some of these set up but for some reason it did not save them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.